Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2003 7:23:35 PM EDT
i have searched for threads on them, but i still have a few things im wonderin about.

im thinking about putting one on my flat top M4. im wondering if this:www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi-local/kowstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Rifle%20Scopes%3B%20Red%20Dot might be a good place to buy, and which of the displayed models would go best on my flat top? i want the one with QD throw lever, but the page doesnt make which one that is clear.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html[/url]

My first choice, email him for current availability and pricing.

Avoid Kalinka; see several reports on the AK side of the board for more details.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
go with tantal if you do order one, thats where i got mine,

imho, the kobra is good for an AK but isnt up to speed with the AR.

I dont believe that setup will cowitness, the dot on mine kobra isnt the clearest

go with the aimpoint if ya can
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
go with tantal if you do order one, thats where i got mine,

imho, the kobra is good for an AK but isnt up to speed with the AR.

I dont believe that setup will cowitness, the dot on mine kobra isnt the clearest

go with the aimpoint if ya can
View Quote

i agree with you to a degree, but the fact of the matter is im headin off to college and i cant afford to blow 400+ on AR15 optics.

im looking at the Kobra as a tougher more reliable alterntive other cheap red dots (you know the kind). i dont do any "serious" shooting with my AR, just plinking and blasting. im not really concerned with the cowitness issue being a non-critical shooter (with my AR at least).

thanks to all for the words of wisdom
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]
they are about 145.00 delivered from tantal.
I think they are the best red dot for the $.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I think the best optics for the money are the used Aimpoints you find on the EE for $150... I've bought several for under $200.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The Kobra will do everything you need it to, absolutely.  They are rock solid, and as tough as anything out there.  I also suggest Tantal as the place to buy.  

About the only draw back to the Kobra is the fact that it sits up a little high, and there is no way to use a BUIS with the Kobra still mounted to the rail.  

Also, take a look at the Tasco ProPoint 3 CMP...they're under $100 at Midway, and have a very bright dot that will not wash out under ANY light...I checked that today by pointing straight up at the bright blue sky today.  I could see the dot quite well, and wasn't even at the highest setting.  

The ProPoint three will sit much lower on the rifle; you might even want a riser to get it a little higher.  No QR mount, though, unless you use a set of ARMS # 22 rings, or an Aimpoint mount.  (The Propoint is a 30mm tube, so in theory any 30mm mount should work).

IF you can find a used Aimpoint for $150, jump on it.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top