Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 4:00:33 PM EDT
Wearing contacts and/or glasses for distance and with my aging eyes getting a little worse every year I just thought up this question prior to my purchasing either an ACOG or an Aimpoint, or both.

Assuming I loose/beak/tear my glasses/contacts, will the 1x Aimpoint give me clear vision through the scope or will I need to go to a stronger magnification?

Big Al
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 20:20 vision but as I understand the operation of eyeglasses they adjust the focus of light to compensate for the mis-shaped lens of your eyes.

The optics in an Aimpoint or ACOG aren't going to change the focus of the light passing though them.

My eyes aren't getting any younger and I find that the red dots are easy to use as both eyes are kept open adn the focus point is farther away than the iron sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top