Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 5:57:51 PM EDT
I have a few questions maybey someone can help. I want to mount a Aimpoint Ml2 red dot scope on one of my ar15's. I have a EOtech mounted on my Flattop already. So here's the question. I have a A2 M4 upper also. Which scope would mount on the A2 upper better the Aimpoint or the EOtech. Second which type of mount would you use? I have seen those expensive Flattop adapter's with the A2 sights built in for $150 and up. I want to try to keep the expensive to a minimum. The Aimpoint will cost like $300 or so. I dont want to go cheap and get something thats not going to work. I want a dependable durable scope set up for my hard earned buck. Any advice or experiences you have would be appreciated. Also the best place to buy the following would also help: Aimpoint Ml2 scope and DPMS fixed rear sight for flattop AR15. Im using a Bushmaster flip up sight but im not happy with it.
Thanks for looking and inquiring
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Because the EoTech already has a built in mount that is pretty much designed to be put on a flat top, I think the EoTech should remain on the flat top upper. The Aimpoint has MANY MANY mounting options available. Aimpionts carry handle or gooseneck mount will be a good option for an A2 upper that wont cost too much. There are better, more solid mounts, but they all cost a little more. If you could, I would look into these other mounts, like the ARMS #39A2. But if you couldnt swing that, the Aimpoint with gooseneck mount will very likely suit your needs quite well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top