Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 2:29:15 PM EDT
Can the Eotech be used as a stand alone sight
or does it work with your iron factory sights ?

I have a Bushy A3 V Match flat-top with no front or rear iron sights.

Parish....
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it can be used, as a stand alone sight. It will co witness with irons. [url]http://www.eotech-inc.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
will it be fairly accurate without iron
sights up to 100yrds ?

P....
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i've used mine out to 300 yards with pretty good results (hitting a medium sized steel plate, which is not bad for me!).  you don't get any magnification but the 1 MOA dot won't obscure much of your target either...
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
ParishM-

Iron sights have nothing to do with the quality or operation of the Eotech. One will not effect the other.

Eotech's are great sights for from point blank range out to about 200 meters for man sized targets and 600 meters for bigger targets.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
will it be fairly accurate without iron
sights up to 100yrds ?

P....
View Quote
With the 2D recticle, it'll be REAL accurate at 100yds, and if you're up to snuff on the bullet drop, head shots on a silhouette at 300 yds aren't all that big a deal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top