Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 1:57:32 PM EDT
Need some feedback, bad or good, on the OKO sight system. Would you recommend it? Does ARMS, GG&G or anyone else make a throw lever QD mount for this sight? If you have pics, please post! Thanks guys!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i have 2 OKO's and am very happy with them so far (i've only had them under one month).  i have an 8 MOA on my 9mm AR and a 4 MOA on my new lightweight .223 upper.  the 11 brightness settings make it usable in any lighting conditions (in the Arizona sun this afternoon i only had it on #6!).
fast to acquire your target and easy to get back on target when rapid firing.  as a bonus, i put the 4 MOA on my new upper on thursday, and when i went to sight it in, it was already zeroed!  how often does that happen!?! (actually about an inch high but hey....)
Cavalry Arms carries an QD mount with a steel cover that i have on one of them...it uses two thumb screws to disconnect.  
for the price i don't think the OKO can be beat.  i also have an EOTech that i LOVE but i actually like the OKO more than an Aimpoint (its the whole "tube" thing i can't get over...).
personal opinion, of course, but its worth a try!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one i really like it nice little sight used it on an AR and on my calico 9mm  i have the 4 moa dot nice and sharp easy to pickup . I would buy another with no questions asked
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Add another endorsement.  I love mine as well.  Thinking of getting another to replace an ATN site I have on one of my flat tops.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine. It's super light, low-profile, good FOV, and a decent battery life (plus natteries are dirt cheap and widely available). I'd buy another.

I ordered mine from Adrenaline Arms over in the EE, got it in the same week.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Got 2, 1 on pistol and 1 on 9mm AR. Never had a problem of any kind.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#7]
sounds like a great sight.  can anybody answer me this - the cavalry arms website states "The sight is water/shock resistant, light weight (2.3 ounces) has an emergency notch & post iron sight built in and uses a 4, 6, or 8 MOA dots"

what does it mean by notch and post iron sight built in???  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Assumimg that you put it on flat top the back of the OKO has a notch to line up with front sight, that's the way mine works.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you considered a Hakko BED 35? I have 2 and am thinking of getting another one.

[url]http://www.hakko-japan.co.jp/optical/english/dot01.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Armabill, nice looking optics. How much we talking about?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use the OKO8 W on my shotgun, and the built in tangent sights are good enough for any kind of shotgun shooting
View Quote

pardon my hijack, but what mount do you use for your shotgun, Sinistral?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#14]
That is the coolest shotgun stock I have ever seen.

Zold
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top