Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 10:31:48 AM EDT
What's the difference?
What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS #40 has a cut "horizon line", for the distance aperature, and the #40A has a regular full size A2 aperature. Personally, I don't like either one, and I installed a customized A1 aperature in mine. This, apparently, allowed the the stock Bushmaster front sight post on my M4 barrel to work with the #40, as I was able to sight it in without using the taller sight post.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Also....If sometime down the bend you want to get an ACOG you will need the #40 not the #40a which will not clear the ACOG...........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot.  This is good to know stuff and I'm going to pass it along to a buddy of mine who just bought a new Colt A3 16" upper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a #40A. I love it. I specifically requested the #40A because I'm used to the full small A2 apeture. I don't really like the cut apeture of the #40.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top