Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2003 7:22:10 AM EDT
Does any one run this setup? Will the knighs sight fit behind the Scout length fire rail? Also How far out does the scout rail extend?

IPSC_GUY Sends
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't advise ref the Knight's sight, I'm running a GG&G MAD buis behind an Aimpoint Comp M2, on the GG&G Scout rail.

I measured the length of the rail two different ways, since I have a SureFire 500 forend light on the Bushy. The rail extends 1 1/8" over the top handguard on the SF, and 1 7/8" from the rear of the Delta ring. The measure from the Delta ring may be a little more useful to you, since that should not be dependant on what type of handguards you have.

The Scout rail has worked very well, the only problem I have had was when I installed the SureFire light. The rail would not clear the top handguard until I filed a flat onto the rearmost 1 1/4" of the handguard. After I removed approximately 1/8" of material, the rail worked fine. It is my understanding from Sableco that GG&G says that the Scout rail is supposed to clear the SureFire handguards, but not the M-4 handguards. Mine did not clear the SureFire without modification...

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top