Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:41:13 PM EDT
I'm forking out some money for a Sig pistol and saving for when the Beretta Cx4 is released.
In the mean time, I need some el-cheapo (non-red dot) optcs to tide me over on a bare M4.

Cheaper Than Dirt has a Clearview (mfg.) Tactical Tri-Rail 4X AR-15 scope for $100. it has a solid tube with rails on top and at the sides.

Just wondering if anyone actually handled/owns one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money and shoot iron for awhile.  cheap optic will always end up in the trash bin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Save your money and shoot iron for awhile.  cheap optic will always end up in the trash bin.
View Quote

Perfectly stated.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I am already one of the best shots in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a rule set in stone.  One can get top name optics that are crap from the factory just as easily as a cheap optic that will last for years.

Sarge
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a rule set in stone.  One can get top name optics that are crap from the factory just as easily as a cheap optic that will last for years.

Sarge
View Quote

if you mount a cheap optic on a range gun, yes, you are correct, but for a field used weapon, cheap optic is just asking for trouble.  besides, you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??  
View Quote

Because I spent $700 on a nice AR.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
well i bought it, seee how many piggies it will shoot. ;)
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
besides, you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??  
View Quote

That's easy...'cos he only has $800!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Buying a cheap optic is OK, depending on what your expectations are.  My almost 20 yr old  $40 Bushnell 3-9x40 has seen many seasons in the woods and still works the same as when new.  It's not very "bright" though.

My $20 Simmons held up through 60 rounds of .300 Win Mag (bbl break-in).  Still works fine, but I upgraded to a nice Burris that I will rely on for that expensive elk trip next year.

--Otter

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well i bought it, seee how many piggies it will shoot. ;)
View Quote
Please shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance to try it out. I'm in need of a cheap scope to get me by for a while. Just simple range shooting and plinking.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm forking out some money for a Sig pistol and saving for when the Beretta Cx4 is released.
In the mean time, I need some el-cheapo (non-red dot) optcs to tide me over on a bare M4.

Cheaper Than Dirt has a Clearview (mfg.) Tactical Tri-Rail 4X AR-15 scope for $100. it has a solid tube with rails on top and at the sides.

View Quote

Curious about this comment, Boomholzer.

I'd like to know why you're forking out $$$ for a $IG instead of a (or another) Beretta since you're getting the CX4...?
If you've got a Beretta pistol that you plan on using in conjunction with the CX4 (magazine interchangability), why not spend MORE $$$ for a better optic with the money you don't spend on a Sig?
If you don't have a Beretta pistol to use with the CX4, why buy a Sig?

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Curious about this comment, Boomholzer.

I'd like to know why you're forking out $$$ for a $IG instead of a (or another) Beretta since you're getting the CX4...?
If you've got a Beretta pistol that you plan on using in conjunction with the CX4 (magazine interchangability), why not spend MORE $$$ for a better optic with the money you don't spend on a Sig?
If you don't have a Beretta pistol to use with the CX4, why buy a Sig?

Just wondering.
View Quote

That is a good point.

I had thought of that, I am not a big fan of the 92FS.
I don't like the way it feels or shoots.

You can never have to many guns. The Sig seems to be a deal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top