Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 3:14:15 PM EDT
I'm having a realyl annoying issue with my postban Bushy A2 shorty.. NONE of the carry handle mounts will stay tight and not wobble around. I've tried two now, and both game me some really disappointing results. :( I would really like to put an optic on this rifle, but at this point it looks like I'll need a new A3 upper for that to happen. Anyone have any suggestions on a mount that will work well, or maybe a fix for my existing mounts?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What Troy said..........
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The rail I used was a aluminum noname rail and one that came with an NC Star scope I had laying around. Its not the best scope but on low power (4x20) I really liked it, and made me start looking into other scopes. But the aluminum noname rail looked pretty well made and fit onto the handle pretty tight. I'm hoping this isn't an issue with my upper and just an issue with crappy rails...

At the moment I'm looking to try out optics and see which one I like... I cant see myself dropping 500+ on an ACOG, but they do look exetremely nice. So I guess I'm still in the look and see range.. At the same time I'm trying to figure out if I should just get an A3 upper first..
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
How much would that work run me, minus parts..
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm... I figured out a cheap way to snug up the fit alot. I used a little electricians tape on the bottom of the mount. Seems to work well.. I also did a little work on the thumb screw that attached the mount to the handle. Its a basic 1 piece thumb screw, so I took it out to the drill press and made 3 holes all the way through the knob piece to insert something to tighten it with. A very small alen wrench seems to fit perfectly in there, and it really helped me snug it down better, and safer. I was thinking about using channel locks or something to grab ahold of the knob part, but I wasnt too comfy with having a tool that could slip off, with alot of force on it, near my pretty rifle. :O Thanks for the tip about the locktite, I'll run down to home depot (they sell it there right?) and buy some tomorrow!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm... I figured out a cheap way to snug up the fit alot. I used a little electricians tape on the bottom of the mount. Seems to work well.. I also did a little work on the thumb screw that attached the mount to the handle. Its a basic 1 piece thumb screw, so I took it out to the drill press and made 3 holes all the way through the knob piece to insert something to tighten it with. A very small alen wrench seems to fit perfectly in there, and it really helped me snug it down better, and safer.  
View Quote

I got a cheapo one, and it came with a hole in the knob...so I figrured it must be there to tighten it...used an allan wrench, it snugged it up to where it seems to be on pretty tight, and hasen't shown any signs of coming loose.  Also, not to ask a dumb question, but SO-COM, there is a little washer with yours, right...slightly convex?  Without that, I can see why the thing would come loose.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
No washer on etheir of mine... Is it a standard  flat ring type washer (no splits, cuts, or teeth) ? I have a good selection of those laying around, I might try installing one of those as well.. Right now I have an empty set of rings hanging around ontop of my rifle until I find a clear low power optic for what I want to replace my cheapo scope with...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top