Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 4:03:55 PM EDT
I need help selecting optics for a new flattop upper.

Mostly shooting indoors at 50 yards in fairly low light, but when outdoors I have up to 200 yards available. I'd like to keep tight groups off the bench, but the bulk of my rounds are fired offhand.

Right now I'm envisioning something compact with low magnification zoom. And before you say "ACOG", let's keep it under $400 with mounting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon Compact ACOG, if that is too much, IOR M2, Leupold 4x or Weaver 4x.  all are good to excellent optic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the Compact ACOG or IOR M2. Both seem more robust than the Leupolds or other less $$$ scopes.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Leupold 4x or 6x with target turrets.

So long as you really want it under $400.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe even the 1.5-5x20mm Leupold variable.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Comp ACOG... oh wait, you said under $400. Ah, screw it, Comp ACOG anyway [;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Used Aimpoint Comp M and mount for under $400 with mount. If you can cough up a bit more, go with the new Comp M2 or ML2.

This will handle 50 to 200 nicely, though I think you'll find the Compact ACOGs superior at those ranges and not much more in price if you shop around.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help. Just ordered IOR M2 scope and an ArmaLite mount, and stayed under $400 (actually not with shipping). I was able to check out everything talked about (ACOG, EoTech, Aimpoint, etc) at local shops. Tough decisions in the optics game, the big one being how much to spend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
sgtbob,
Please post your results and a pic if you could.  I've also been thinking about the IOR M2 and also how it fits with the armalite mount and finally, if the eye relief will allow an ARMS #40 to stay mounted.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top