Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 3:39:56 PM EDT
Have a chance to buy a Leupold Mil-dot tactical scope from a buddy of mine - needs cash for house project.
Scope is a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50 M1 Long Range, Mil-Dot with Leupold QR rings and Butler Creek covers.  He had it mounted by a gunsmith and put 50 rounds through his LTR .  Is this scope and ring package worth $700.  No ring marks, it looks brand new (only a month old), box papers. Leupold #54680
Says it is a 2003 Law Enforcement tactical scope.        
Your opinions appreciated!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
That scope is new for 2003.  Best price I've seen is www.bearbasin.com for $839.00.  So it sounds like a good deal for $700.

IMO, the QR rings though are pretty basic, and pretty much not worth a whloe lot at all, maybe $30.

I've seen a lot of people complain on snipercountry and other long range boards that the Leupold QRW rings do not hold there zero very at all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top