BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 11:36:39 AM EDT

I can feel it... I need help!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a TA31 Donut at the end of May and now I'm going crazy to see the thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ordered a TA31 Donut at the end of May and now I'm going crazy to see the thing.
View Quote

TA31...
Yes, that's the one!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It took me two years from the time I decided I wanted a BAC ACOG to actually get one. Luckily, I was able to use the time to change my mind on the exact model and reticle about 800,000 times.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my Ta31F from www.swfa.com yesterday and he asked me what kind of shipping would i like and i said "ASAP!" Now im juss looking outside every morning for the delivery truck!Its driving me nuts!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
When I got home from work I found a note stating that the mailman didn't leave my TA31A at the door because the package required a signature.  I'll be outside the post office at 8:30 AM sharp but the wait is killing me!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
does your dream look something like this? [:P]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pfc78ad4437814ba844ae50a83bc02e4a/fc12933a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
new-arguy,

[banana][banana][banana][banana]

YES, that's the dream I keep having!!!

I'know you're one of the first guy's I've ever seen with the SIR/TA31 combo. Do you still feel this is the ultimate setup or do you think there's something better these days?  How does this compare with your RASII/ACOG setup?

I know a lot of people complain about the ACOG being too high when mounted on a SIR. IIRC, the ACOG was orignally designed to be mounted on the carry handle so why do so many people have a problem with 1/2" height increase?

BTW, what's the best mount for a TA31 and SIR #50?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
This is all approximate values but,

ACOG on reciever rail - 2.5"

ACOG on SIR sleeve - ~3" +/- .05

ACOG on carry handle - 3.5"

I'm going for ACOG on SIR sleeve since I just found out that it is very easy to use TA31's BDC for 75gr OTM. (haven't checked 14.5", but 20" works good)

Now if TA31 would just arrive in front of my door... [banghead]

Oh about the height increase...my dad has a Compact ACOG mounted on carrying handle and it is not comfortable to shoot in prone with it for me. Consistent cheek weld is almost impossible for me to obtain with 3.5" height from the bore. That said, when my TA31 arrives, I will still have to decide if I want SIR sleeve or not. It worked great for Aimpoint though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
[banana]WooHoOoOOoOOoOoO!!!![headbang] My Ta31f juss came 5 minutes ago!! Thank god for 2nd Day AIR [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that the ACOG + 19S + SIR set up is awesome for me. I like a lot of the advantages each offer over some of the other options. Everything, as you know, has ups and downs. For me, the down side of having the ACOG mounted a little higher is not a problem at all. Therefore, I enjoy the advantages of the TA31 optic, the advantages of the small, sturdy and quick release #19S mount, and the FF, synthetic lower, heat resistant, removable rail, no pannel SIR system. I like the SIR over the RAS II at the moment and have since I got it. My reasons are briefly hinted to above, but I have to say it is almost like splitting hairs picking between the two. They are both superior systems. We'll see what the URX looks like when its out...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
HI,

I order a ACOG compact a few months ago, still looking for it. Kev
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top