Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 8:31:06 PM EDT
If you have a red dot scope and a flashlight mounted on a rail next to one another and the flashlight is on can you still see the red dot with the glare of the light? I am thinking of mounting it like that but not sure about the ability to still see your red dot with the light on. Any opinions?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Mount the light just forward of the sight.

TS
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Aimpoint on my flat-top carbine and a Surefire 9v M962 mounted on the RAS forearm.  It has no effect on seeing the dot unless I have it turned down to a just visible setting...easily fixed, crank it up a couple more notches when you know deploying the light might be a possibility.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, that answered my question. I think I will go ahead and put a light on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top