Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2003 3:00:30 PM EDT
Just got my 512.A65 in the mail today. Put the batteries in and turned it on.

The image (circle and dot) looks a bit blurry and not as crisp as I expected. Is this typical?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.

Aint it great? [:D]

cough coughAIMPOINTcough cough
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yup.

Aint it great? [:D]

cough coughAIMPOINTcough cough
View Quote

EOTech reticle is created by using laser projection, you will have some grainniness to the edge, it will not be a perfect fine circle.

cough cough no reticle bleed and diode reflection cough cough!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the Eotech retical looks as if it is made of hundreds of little red dots in the shape of the retical.

The Aimpoint "Dot" looks like an Asterisk or a glowing grain of rice.

Have both and prefer the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Aimpoint "Dot" looks like an Asterisk or a glowing grain of rice.
View Quote

Even a slight astigmatism can cause that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The more i use it, the clearer it gets. You just learn to focus more on the target than the iron sights/red dot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The more i use it, the clearer it gets. You just learn to focus more on the target than the iron sights/red dot.
View Quote

Well, that's your problem right there.  Still got the silly iron sights in your way.  Only way to go with an Eotech is to get flip down rear AND front sights (for backup purposes).
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Just turn the brightness down and it will disappear.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
It will be more blurry in a smaller room (CQB) but you shouldn't need to see a clear dot it that situation anyway.  Outside 50-250 meters the sight is very clear if you focus on the target.

TS
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the same thing the first time I used my Eotech, but the more I used it and learned to concentrate on the target it improved immensely.  As a side note, I took some digital pictures looking through the sight right after I got it, and guess what? The recticle came out crystal-clear in the pics, even when it "looked" blurry to my eye at the same time.  It was obvious to me at that point that either (1) My eyesight sucks, or (2) I wasn't focusing correctly while using the sight.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I find my Aimpoint to be very precise. Very VERY precise.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that's your problem right there.  Still got the silly iron sights in your way.  Only way to go with an Eotech is to get flip down rear AND front sights (for backup purposes).
View Quote

Nothing to do with that and not a problem at all, persay. Just years of focusing on a particular point in space, takes time to adjust.

Sooo nice not to need to constantly shift focus though. [:D] Fast fast fast.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Nothing to do with that and not a problem at all, persay. Just years of focusing on a particular point in space, takes time to adjust.

Sooo nice not to need to constantly shift focus though. [:D] Fast fast fast.
View Quote

Guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my message.  [:D] There is nothing WRONG with having a fixed front sight post.  I just prefer to have the flip down so I don't see it in the Eotech.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I find my Aimpoint to be very precise. Very VERY precise.
View Quote

Word, brother.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
AIMPOINT!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top