Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 3:05:32 PM EDT
Cheaper than Dirt is offering a Bore Sight Kit at a reasonable price. I am thinking of purchasing one. Any comments from members on this product, made by BSA and bore sighter applications for the AR period?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the little AimShot laser bore sighter.  

At 25-50 yards this will just get you on paper.  No better.  Don't think you can bore sight and you are good to go.  You still need to shoot and adjust at the range.  This is true regardless of which brand and model you buy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input. Do you recommend starting at 25 yards? I was planning on starting at 100 and doping up and down.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I just checked with the Tech Rep at CTD, as it turns out, this unit is not compatible with the AR15. Anybody know of one that is?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Save your money and get an Alpec Laser boresight.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not just take the upper off the lower, put the upper in a vise/stand/sandbags and look thru the bore. Center the bore on your target. Now holding the upper still, move your dot/crosshairs onto the target.
There, your boresighted. No lasers or gizmo's required. This works with bolt action rifles as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try, however I am rather gadget prone, lol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The Alpec is FUN to use!  Like an AR15RayGun!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why not just take the upper off the lower, put the upper in a vise/stand/sandbags and look thru the bore. Center the bore on your target. Now holding the upper still, move your dot/crosshairs onto the target.
There, your boresighted. No lasers or gizmo's required. This works with bolt action rifles as well.
View Quote

This is the only "bore sighting" I have ever used. Works better than One might think. On guns that can't be sighted down the bore, like 10/22, I just put the scope on and shoot at very short range until I get it in the center of the paper, then move distance back as needed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
works for me -- I usually start at 50yds.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top