User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 11:10:53 AM EDT
   Which do you guys prefer ???
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
After polling AR15.com members it was decided the Aimpoint 1X was one of the two top non magnified optcs made.  The other being the Eotech.

The Aimpoint 2X was one of the two worst expensive optics made.  The other being the Leupold CQT.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
ML2

you'll be completely happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Avoid the 2X like the plague - M2 rr ML2 is the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember the thread where it was voted one of the worst two optics. I've never seen any complaints about the lower magnification on the compact ACOG's. I'm wondering why 2x on the Aimpoint dot is a dissaster but 2x on a compact ACOG with dot is fine?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Because the Compact ACOGs were designed from the outset to be 2X scopes.  The magnification on the 2X Aimpoint is an after thought and was just added on to the front and it shows.  It makes the "tunnel" effect of the Aimpoint 10X worse and has a ridiculously small FOV.  I found trying to use it in BAC mode not as natural too for some reason which I could not specify.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want a magnified Aimpoint - wait.  They are comming out with a 3.5x version in a few months.  This one should be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
   Thanks for the help everyone!  I have a deal I'm working on for a used/like new M2, gg&g cantilever mount and a new scope coat for 300 bucks delivered, I'm waiting for a call.

Does that sound reasonable ?

(Forest, I can't wait any longer.....I'm gettin' the shakes, but that does sound interesting............ 3.5x !!)

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top