Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:41:12 AM EDT
Has anyone tried one of these type of mounts?  I have an A2 upper that I want to mount an 11.5" long scope on.  Do they hold zero after removal and reattachment?  This is not a tactical setup for me, just for the occasional hunting trip or long shot at a target.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, with a Springfield Armory (HEAVY) scope on it. The fit of the mount to the receiver (BM, A1 upper) was so precise that without the screw in place, I could turn the rifle upside down and shake the hell out of it, and the mount wouldn't budge. It held zero well, but the precise fit also makes it a PITA to dismount, so I just left it on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Leatherwood mount does not look like it has the "see-through" hole for the irons.

Does it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Leatherwood mount does not look like it has the "see-through" hole for the irons.

Does it?
View Quote
No, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
I appreciate the comments.

Zardoz, do you remember where you got your mount from?  I'm wondering if they all will be that tight.  I could live without the ability to use the irons with the Leatherwood mounted, if I can easily remove it when I wanted to use the irons.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I got it at a gunshow, and it wasn't in any packaging, so I've really no idea who made it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.
I appreciate the comments.

Zardoz, do you remember where you got your mount from?  I'm wondering if they all will be that tight.  I could live without the ability to use the irons with the Leatherwood mounted, if I can easily remove it when I wanted to use the irons.  
View Quote

Midway has them: [url]http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/240124[/url].  They're priced at $26.49 for the general public and dealer price is $21.49
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top