Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2003 11:09:09 PM EDT
Trying to decide between the TA31 / TA01 scope and been looking at the TAF31F to at least give a fine aiming point.  

Would be used primarly used this side of 400 yards on a M16 (the PSS 300 Win mag or 1919A4 ;-) is for past a quarter mile ....).

Appreicate everyones comments.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Love mine!  Wouldn't trade for any other optic.  Have tried TA01-NSN, Comp M, Reflex II, and many others, and the 31F is still my favorite.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my TA31a, I like it because it has a fine triangle tip for precison shots and a big solid tringle body for picking up the reticle fast in action type shooting up close.  I think the triangle is best of both world.  Donut is not bad either, but I think Chevron is just too fine for anything fast action.  although it is a great long range reticle.

Get the TA31, it is a much better optic then the Ta01.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The TA31 series appear better for fast shooting, however, as interested if there are other features / information / backgound on your comment?

Thanks
Appreicate the comments as have not found anyone in Indiana who carries the TA01 / TA31, except for the odd one seen at a gun show.

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree totally with SMGLee, I have a TA31A with the triangle reticle, I also have tried the Chevron in the TA31F. The Chevron reticle is too fine for CQB or fast shots, much harder to pick up. The TA31A with the full triangle is the best all around.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the current and future inputs from everyone (both by e-mail and on the board).

Very interested in experence from anyone who has used their TA31- ACOGs at closer range (under 20 to 50 yards) at multiple targets.  Wonder how well they worked and how the TA31 compares to the Aimpoint or Enotech (different tools, but some over lap with the TA31 verson).

[green][b]
Back Ground:[/b]
Interested in a rifle version of the subgun matches, possible with the subguns also shooting (aka M4 vs MP5).  While would like to see targets out to 200 yards, have a hard enough time getting the MP5s shoot at 100 yards [}:D]

Have a great group of local shooters (if you call a 100 mile radius local) who are into subgun matchs (they just put on the 2nd Indiana Subgun Match in Richmond IN, that I could not help with due to other reasons ... the red no shoot targets in the match, were part of 300 wood blocks made as rifle targets for close ranges).

With subguns, iron sighs, holo and red dot sights are king at the typical 20 to 35 yards for long distance ;-).  Thus looks like I will have to be the one to jump blind and get one of the ACOGs to try out.[/green]

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The TA31 would work nicely at that range, you should be able to make more precise shot placement than with the Eotech & Aimpoint. The Acog will be much slower at single or multiple targets at close range. The benefit to the TA31 is that it is a much better all around optic, that would serve you well for close or longer range shots as well, plus the calibrated reticle make it possible to make fast shots out to 800M. The red dot on an Aimpoint will cover a tank at 800M, but then again that is not what an Aimpoint was made for. I think that the Aimpoint is king at CQB..Depends on what you want I guess..I feel the TA31A is the best multi purpose optic.
I am going to try the Trijicon Tripower when it finally arrivers on the market place, but that is still a CQB optic.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from the two local dealers, one had a Relex II and TA01 instock (Relex II still looks interesting ... even with contrast issues from dark to bright and would make a killer sight for the suppressed 22 if nothing eles ;-).

The other dealer can order anything in stock (at a good price since I am a regular), however, [red][b]no TA31a listed in stock[/red][/b].  My choice is limited to RelexII, TA01, TA01nsn and TA31 ... darn may have to live with a donut :-)

The local dealer also listed a TA31b ... which would make a nice scope for the G3 if I could get some type of low mount ... (but that is another thread).
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a TA31 with donut and really like it.  If you can use BAC it's great for cqb.  As far as how fine the aiming point is, I think it's perfect for a field rifle.  The inner circle is very precise.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Only concern on the "donut", is that when shooting at random 300 meter targets the outer circle will be ~ 1 foot and the inner circle still will be 6 inchs (the size of some targets that are only partially exposed).

One of those items, that will have to pick one and try.

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love my TA31a, I like it because it has a fine triangle tip for precison shots and a big solid tringle body for picking up the reticle fast in action type shooting up close.  I think the triangle is best of both world.  Donut is not bad either, but I think Chevron is just too fine for anything fast action.  although it is a great long range reticle.

View Quote

I came to the same conclusion on the TA31a.

I will be purchasing one in the near future.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top