Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 7:48:50 PM EDT
Is the dual battery mod. worth 28 bucks or should I just get a couple of batteries and throw them in the bottom of my mag pouch.
Also how does it mount on the ML2 or does it?
I think I saw a spare battery holder in some mount but I already have the #22M68 so I'm not going to go that route.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont waste your money, throw one in your rifle case, or mag case or something. You shouldnt have to replace your battery more than once every few months at worst.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Good, more moeny for ammo!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had the orginal factory battery on the medium setting... half way from off and half way from the super bright setting... on for the last 10 months, never turning it off.  This is on the newer Aimpoint ML2.  The dot is still as bright as it was when new.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
[i][b]10[/i][/b] months?  Dang!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
!0 months is a long time....I'll just get one extra instead of two.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Great advice, thanks.  I was just wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive got the dual battery module and 4 spares in my Vltor stock...but then again Im battery paranoid.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy it, try it, and if you don't like it, sell it to me for 10 cents on the dollar, you pay shipping!  [:P]

Seriously, I have one, it came with a used ML2 I bought from this board.  It does serve a useful purpose.

Personally, I would buy one for each of my other Aimpoints, but my preference for the GGG mounts that already have a battery compartment deter me from buying more, unless I want the ability to carry three batteries to the range/field.  I was going to switch everything to #22M68s but a certain event kind of changed my mind for the moment.

As for the VLTOR (a fine piece of equipment I must add) stock's storage compartments, if you have a PAQ-4 or PEQ-2, you may want to reserve that space for AA batteries.

HTH
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
What was the event that changed your mind on the 22M68?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
"2 is 1 is none"  Murphy's law.  You make the call.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought an ML2 from SWFA a couple weeks ago. They included, at no extra charge, the dual battery module and an extra battery. I installed it, but would've been very disappointed if I had to pay for it. It would serve no purpose for me, but could be handy for troops in the field. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Aw crap! The dual battery cap doesn't fit the older CompM-XD. You would think Aimpoint would have made it compatible with M68 sights [i]without[/i] CET technology.

Oh well, looks like it's going on the ML2.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Do a search someone makes a dual battery module for the older Comp M series.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks DevL!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Would someone post a pic, or a link for where to get the dual battery mod?  I just wanna see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the "Kit", in all it's $28 glory...

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pc4340142c0ae864095d767e3cd477dcc/fbf8ba1d.jpg[/img]

An extended battery cover, a battery holder, and another rubber cap retainer.
[url]http://www.riflescopes.com/riflescopes/aimpoint/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Due to the extended time duration that the scope can be turned on, I really doubt that you would turn on the scope one day and find out that the battery was dead.  It would take months for the dot intensity to slowly get down to the point it wouldn't be visible any more, giving one plenty of time to find a new battery and install it.  Its not like the red dot would just switch off all of a sudden.  When you notice that you have to turn up the intensity a setting or two more than normal, its probably a sign you may only have a few months left before the battery will need replacing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top