Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 5:48:13 PM EDT
I am in the market for a reasonably priced red dot scope for my 16" carbine.

I am looking at the OKO 4 MOA sight with the M4 carry handle mount (I have M4 handguards on my rifle)

Anyone have any feedback on this sight?

I am planning to mount it forward of the carry handle so I can cowitness my iron sights.

I can get the whole setup (sight, mount & steel scope cover) for $267 from Brownells.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The price from Brownell's is about $40 cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You are correct about their listed retail prices.

I receive a discount from Brownells.

I am active duty military & I work in one of our arms rooms.

Brownells gives us a discount on most of our items with the exception of tools.

Stock Number Description Price Quantity More Info Total Remove Favorite Add to Cart
100-000-211  4MOA OKO TYPE W TARGET SIGHT $150.00    $150.00        
100-000-366  SC-3 OKO SCOPE COVER $53.35    $53.35        
100-000-980  CAVALRY ARMS M4 CARRY HANDLE MOUNT $64.00    $64.00      
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an OKO sight on my RRA UTE, I love it. The sight is well made and works extremely well. The only thing I can say is that I am going to buy a shield for mine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
TennVol,

The SC3 cover will not work (unmodified) on the forward carry handle mount.  The rail is two notches too short to use the cover.

Treetop has modified them to use on the forward carry handle mounts before, he can probably talk you through the process.
View Quote

Will the SC4 mount work w/o being modified?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't want to step on any toes here, but why doesn't it fit?

If Cavalry Arms is selling these items, at the very least I would expect a disclaimer on the web site stating the parts may have to be "fitted".  They sell the sight, the cover and the forward carry handle mount. Right?

This doesn't seem like a new problem, or is it?

Maybe it's me, but does this pass the common sense test???
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
No offense, but how did you score such a great deal from Brownells?  I just went to their site and that setup was $345 + shipping.  I've been loooking at the OKO too, and I'm always in the mood to save a buck.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want to step on any toes here, but why doesn't it fit?

If Cavalry Arms is selling these items, at the very least I would expect a disclaimer on the web site stating the parts may have to be "fitted".  They sell the sight, the cover and the forward carry handle mount. Right?

This doesn't seem like a new problem, or is it?

Maybe it's me, but does this pass the common sense test???
View Quote

I just checked the site I had a disclaimer on there before, but somehow it must have gotten deleted or reverted to an earlier version of the HTML file.

I have corrected the problem, thanks for pointing it out.  [url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/okosights.html[/url]

The reason they do not work together is the SC3 and SC4 were made available for us to import after we had already designed and started selling the carry handle mount for several months.

We will be making the SC3 and SC4 in the US in the near future...making a carry handle mount that works with the shield or making the shields work with the mount is something we are considering.
View Quote

Sign me up for a SC4 or the new carry handle when you have the first batch made up!

Thanks for the info and the help.

Looks like my SC3 will be making a return trip to Brownells this weekend.

Also, does anybody know if the A.R.M.S.® Model  #39 A2 Plus Mount or the EOTech Cantilever mounts will work?  On the website it appears the A.R.M.S is several notches longer than the Cavalry Arms mount.  

Oh yeah, one other thing:  Will they clear M4 handguards?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No offense, but how did you score such a great deal from Brownells?  I just went to their site and that setup was $345 + shipping.  I've been loooking at the OKO too, and I'm always in the mood to save a buck.
View Quote

Get a C & R license, send a copy to Brownell's and voila, you get the discount.  They give discounts to dealers and other folks, but the C&R qualifies as well.  First one I mailed off when I got my license was to Brownell's.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone tried the ARMS #39 A2 Plus mount with the OKO sight and the cover?

It looks like it might be longer than the Cav Arms mount and the cover might fit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]
From what I've read and seen the ARMS #39 should work fine, and it is a very high quality piece.  In case you are not aware of it, Bushmaster is selling the Benny-Cooley carry handle mount which is also a quality piece, but is height adjustable to vary the co-witnessing picture w/ the iron sights.  It sells for about the same as the ARMS #39.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I got my OKO a few weeks ago and like it alot. I am waiting on an SC4 mount though - which is just required for me to get it to the right height to cowitness with my sights.

I have an OLY 16" A3 with a single rail front gas blcok, DPMS folding sight (which was too tall and had to be filed down to work) and an ARMS #40.

It sure beats that cheap BSA I was using when I first got the upper, though I won't be making any 200 yard shots with it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top