Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2003 6:53:01 AM EDT
Is the Tri-power available yet.  What type of recticle does it have and how big is it in MOA.  How does the Tri-power compare to the ACOG.  Why does it cost so much less?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
No it is not available. When it does become available, and no one has any idea when that will be, but we do know it wont be any time soon... it will have a Chevron reticle. It is very comparable in price to other optics in its class like Aimpoints, Reflex's and EoTechs. None of these cost as much as magnified ACOGs because they are not magnified.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The italian Trijicon importer has them available , had one in my hands few days ago , www.mercatinoamericano.com
PP out
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#3]
swfa has them on their website...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Try to order one from SWFA and see what happens. A lot of places are listing them for sale but have no product to deliver...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The italian Trijicon importer has them available , had one in my hands few days ago , www.mercatinoamericano.com
PP out
View Quote

Pinco,

Does the guy in Italy really have production Tri-power in stock or does he just have one of the many prototype trijicon release to their delaer for testing and comments.  I have shot a number of prototype ove rhte past year at various demo and I am still not too impress with the product.  I really hope the end result is as good as all the products Trijicon has released.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Chen,
he has them available in quantity.

I did not get it because I was not impressed too , but if you want it now just let me know,

ciao
PP out
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
PP out
View Quote

850 euros??? [shock] If I remember the latest euro/doller ratio, that is like $1,000 USD...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey,
do not run so fast , let me get in touch with him tomorrow morning and I'll try to let you have a better deal, OK ?
PP out
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
From Cal's Sporting Armories website:

"This unit has no predicted release date, due to manufacturing problems. Trijicon is trying to fix these problems before releasing this unit. The following information was provided to us by a Trijicon employee at the 2003 Shot Show in Orlando.

Trijicon wants the the fiber optic window on top of the unit to be white, but they can't find an adhesive that will bond the white window to the polymer housing of the TriPower. Currently the fiber optic window will only bond to the polymer housing, if the window is made into a smoke colored version. Adding the smoke colored pigment to the resin aids in the bonding process. ****(This is why you may have seen pictures of the TriPower with a white and smoke colored fiber optic window)

When using the battery power the TriPower light source back feeds into the fiber optics illuminating the fiber and the window on top of the unit. ****(thus the rubber cover was made to help prevent the glow from being seen at night)

While the TriPower is mounted on top of an M4 Carbine, while suspended upside down the weapon is dropped, upon impact the fiber optic window brakes. ****(this breakage problem must be fixed before Trijicon will release the TriPower)"

FYI -Sul2
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The italian importer has just one left ( damn ! ) , another shipment is waited for next August.
His special price for me is € 600,00 plus € 150,00 for the mount , if you want it rush !
PP out
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top