Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:13:16 PM EDT
Ok, I've finally narrowed down my options for mounting red dot. I need to know, out of the 2 methods, which one is more likely to work better.

My problem was that the front sight got in the way of the red dot so I need to raise the scope at least half an inch. These were the 2 choices:

A.R.M.S. #22 Medium scope mounts mounted to the #38 swan sleeve. (This would give me about 1.6" of height between the center of the scope and the flat top)

or

A.R.M.S. #22 High scope mounts mounted directly to the flat top, and a # 40 also mounted so I can have my rear sight. This would give me about 1.4" of height between the center of the scope and the flat top)

So what do you guys think? Is the swan sleeve better or pointless? I really have no idea which to choose.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12878[/img]

Not my rifle, stole the pic from another member.

Just a suggestion, but I recommend skipping the #38 sleeve. Get the #22M68 with the new extended spacer and mount it right to the flat top. Back it up with an ARMS #40. This system has a lot of advantages.

I'd get it off Wes at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url]. Excellent service, warp speed shipping.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Im biased toward new-arguy's assessment

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12668[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
keep in mind though, my scope is not an Aimpoint, its a Bushnell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as it needs a 30mm ring it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
In Lumpy's pic...whats he got that aimpoint mounted on? Is it one piece? Cuz the 22M68 looks like this:

[img]http://mstn.biz/images/Mounts%20and%20rails/ARMS-22M68.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The 22M68 is actually two pieces attached by screws (ring and throw lever base).  This allows the ARMS spacers to be bolted into it.  The one I have is the brand new extended spacer.  [url=www.mstn.biz.com]MSTN[/url] has them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Wes, is it possible to buy just the new spacer?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wes, is it possible to buy just the new spacer?
View Quote

I'm not Wes, but I ordered just the extension from Wes and it was in my hands within 36 hours of placing the online order.

If you'd like to see a pic of it on my rifle check out the photo in new-arguy's post.  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not Wes, but I ordered just the extension from Wes and it was in my hands within 36 hours of placing the online order.

If you'd like to see a pic of it on my rifle check out the photo in new-arguy's post.  [;)]
View Quote

Wait.....you're not Wes?  Then who's Wes?[;)]

Corey,  thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait.....you're not Wes?  Then who's Wes?[;)]

Corey,  thanks for the info!
View Quote

Smart ass.

[:D]

EDITED to add:  Get the spacer 223Rem.  You'll like it.  I was on the fence and it turns out to be a real improvement over the straight receiver mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top