Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2003 10:48:05 AM EDT
Hey guys, what is the easiest way to boresight my new set-up?  I have the Aimpoint ML2 - mounted on the ARMS 2268 w/extended spacer with the #40 as the BUIS.

I know I should try to zero all three at once but as for boresighting the aimpoint and the #40???  Suggestions?  

My friend who has an Aimpoint M2 didn't even have to zero his in.  He got lucky, he mounted it and it was dead on.  I doubt my set-up will be like that.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I would turn off the Red dot and sight in your iron first.  make sure you have an exact cheek weld every time you shoot that iron. nose to the charging handle is a good method.

Once satified at the range you sight your iron in (I prefer 50 yards), you turn on your red dot to align it to the iron, and then you shoot at the same distance to get a confirm zero.  if there is a problem, then you might want to do some minor adjustments.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top