Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:31:11 AM EDT
this is taken from a e-mail to a friend of mine but I thought I would see what you folks thought about it let me know........So I finally got my Arms mount the 39A2 gooseneck type. its real nice and well made (no doubt for 125$) but the "brush guard" deal is wuss maybe they made it that way for a reason but I thought is was way wussy fast forward 1 work day and I made my self a experimental-fix check out the pics it is a piece of 1/4"CD flatbar and a small piece of 20ga.CD sheet all cut,shaped, and drilled by hand then tig welded nothing fancy  it took about 20 minutes or so. I bought it home and gave it a quick blue job it is certainly more stout and the little 20ga. piece slips under the handguard cap and the part screws into the end of the ARMS mount. the original metal clip screws into the mount and rests on top of the handguard weak or I'm a dumbass and it has some special purpose .............(hopefuly ar15 folks can get a visual on this if not e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures)........................  I would add the pics but I anit no real member
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i guess i have to ask why?  it's just a stick and leaf "deflector"  not a cattle guard.  you are not gaining anything with the extra strength and if it touches something like the hand guard it may cause the mount to torque a little and throw your optic off.  i didn't mount mine because i thought it was not necessary.    
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya I may have been on crack ha ha but I didn't care for it hanging out in space like that ..the way it was the little brush tab was  pushing upward slightly on the end. I think it would take a total disaster for it to get tweaked now but it may have been some over zealous non-problem solving.."Cattle guard" very interesting choice of words for a Texan by and by the leaves and twigs are like a jolly green jungle round these parts
[booze][:o)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top