Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 8:12:14 PM EDT
Well I'm looking at buying one of these optics soon.  I met a guy that has one (doesn't everyone?) and I really liked how it worked.  Does the aimpoint ML2 come with mounts?  Or do I have to buy them seperate...  I know he had an aftermarket ARMS quick detach mount for his.  Also what is the purpose for the "killflash" cover?  He had one of those as well.

What is a "typical" aimpoint set up (mounts, BUIS, etc...) that you guys can suggest.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The newer Aimpoints do not come with mounts. The older ones came with a mount that was about worthless. Unlike some things, the so-called "aftermarket" mounts for Aimpoints are WAAAAY better than the "factory" Aimpoint mount.

There's any number of good mounts and backup iron sights you can get made by a variety of companies. A slick new modification has been made to one of the all time favorite mounts, the ARMS #22M68. Get it with the extended spacer and you can forward mount the aimpoint which is a great advantage.

A favorite back up iron sight is the ARMS #40, it is spring loaded so it cant ever be knocked down. Whats even better, even though these two pieces are among the favorite accesories, they arent the most expensive and they are readily available. I suggest trying

[url]www.sableco.net[/url] or
[url]www.mstn.biz[/url]

Each of these places will have the aimpoints, mounts and back up irons.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Your going to need a separate mount for the Aimpoint, and there are several to choose from.
A fairly common (and my favorite)setup is a M2,with M68 mount, and a ARMS #40 BUIS.  

The kill-flash is to block the glare of sunlight of the lens.

Do a search for this very subject and you'll find a plethora of information.

Edited: new arguy beat me to it!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A fairly common (and my favorite)setup is a M2,with M68 mount, and a ARMS #40 BUIS.  

View Quote

You've got to get up awfully early in the morning to beat new-arguy to an ARMS product endorsement! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Im sold on the ARMS 40 BUIS and 22M68 w/extended spacer set up:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12668[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You've got to get up awfully early in the morning to beat new-arguy to an ARMS product endorsement! [:)]
View Quote

That's no shit. Talk about a day late dollar short[:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats how he got to be Moderator.

[Hail]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The Aimpoint brand QRP mount is a very good mount. I have had zero problems with mine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Aimpoint brand QRP mount is a very good mount. I have had zero problems with mine.
View Quote

Same here. I have the Aimpoint ML2, ARMS #40, and the Aimpoint railgrabber with spacer. No problems and it co-witnesses just fine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top