Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 9:32:08 AM EDT
Dunno if anybody ,earlier than me, thought/asked about this matter But I'd like to mount a Docter sight on my TA11 ( and possible future TA31A ) so do you know if anyone produce any ring & mount for this matter ?

I already saw the mount for the TA01NSN but why not for these two very popular ACOG scopes too ?

PP out
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#1]
PP,
It's occured to me, but BAC does a decent job unless you want the mini red dot to be zeroed for a different distance.  I did notice I have to position my head in a certain way to use BAC, the red dot would offer a wider viewing position.
Winston Wolf should be able to make it, but unless the demand is there I doubt if anyone can justify the cost and time to bring one to market.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You've got me curious Pinco, the BAC ACOGs are outstanding for close range both eyes open CQB style shooting by design.  I wouldnt think you'd really need to add a fragile battery operated sight in a position that makes it prone to damage.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
PP,

GJ made a mount for the TA01 ACOG that I would guess could be used on the TA11/TA31.

I still dont think you need to do that but...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
KevinB,

I just ordered a TA01 and I'm thinking of getting a dr optic eventually. Can you give some more info about GJ?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Lumpy - Have you ever looked at a Docter Sight?  I would not call them fragile.  And two battery changes will last you longer than the warranty on a BAC tritium lamp.

Duffy-  I have been meaning to ask you your thoughts on the TA01NSN/Red DOt vs, BAC, since you have both.

FredH- As far as I know GJ is long gone from this board.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
ink, I have a Dr Optic on top of my SPR. Granted it is pretty new and I havent spent much time using it yet. But I can tell you this. I have spent the last 3 years giving my TA31 a real wrkout and there is no way on earth I'd ever consider putting a Dr Optics ontop of it. I dont think I would ever use it. I just dont really see the need considering the BAC feature?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Ink, other than the reasons stated above: the red dot can be zeroed for a another (closer) distance, and it offers a wider range of views, I can't think of a reason to do so.
The Optima/Docter sight is to address the TA01's deficiency in CQB, if a single scope like TA11 or TA31 with its compromises can do both (no free lunch here, it's not as precise as the TA01, and the BAC feature forces the user to position his head just right to use it), I'd sooner rely on it to do both without the additional height and battery.
That the TA11/TA31 reticle isn't as precise is debatable, personally I have no problem using the donute effectively enough to miss the fine cross hair.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Newarguy I'm not advocating the use of the Docter on a BAC scope.  I was wanting duffy to compaire the BAC vs the TA01NSN/Docter combo.
I started a new thread and welcome your input.
Thanks
Kris
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:unless you want the mini red dot to be zeroed for a different distance.
View Quote

That's what I thought .

Docter sight for very close distances , as dinamic entry/close CQB , TA11/TA31 for medium to medium/long distances .

Well,I'll think abt this matter , thanks everybody for answering,

PP out
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
PP,
GJ made a mount for the TA01 ACOG ...
View Quote

Kevin,
do not you have GJ' URL or e-mail address please ?
PP out
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
IM sent
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top