Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 7:42:17 PM EDT
I recently obtained a TA44R-2 (1.5 power) which I really like.  I have been switching it back and forth between a TA60 flat top mount and a carry handle.  I can't make up my mind which I like better.  The front sight is somewhat distracting on the flat top.

Opinions and advise on pros/cons of each method would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I am in the minority here, but I really like Comp ACOGs on the carry handle for a couple reasons.

One is the ability to cowitness. If you can use your scope without losing the ability to immediately use your irons, thats a darn good thing. The biggest problem with most scopes is, when you mount them to the carry handle, they sit a little too high. Thats why many people like to mount magnified optics to flat tops.

Comp ACOGs sit nice and low in the carry handle and I find them to fit very well there. Plus you retain the use of your irons.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I use mine on a removeable carry handle
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the comp. ACOG on the carry handle, but I got an RAS II and had to get a flat top mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top