Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 10:11:54 PM EDT
Been toying with the idea of building an M4 out of my pre-ban colt, and looking at some pictures I have a question. Doesn't the front sight tower block out anything you would see through your optics? Been thinking of an ACOG or EOTech, but it seems like all you would see is the front sight tower. What gives?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok
With an ACOG mounted on a flat top you will see a very faint fuzzy image of the front sight. Once you use the thing for more than a few mintues this "effect" becomes much less noticable. I was worried about this too as the first time i ever looked through a TAO1NSN the blurry front sight was quite noticable. I eventually bought a TA31 (greatest optic going in my opinion) and I don't even notice it anymore.

With an Aimpoint and what ever flavor of mount you chose you will be able to "cowitness" your irons sights through the aimpoint. You simply set it up so that the irons are in the bottom third of the aimpoint and when you want irons you use irons. You want a dot turn on the Aimpoint and either fold down your rear (if using a BUIS) or look over the top of your irons and use the dot.

My set up on my 4gery is an ARMS 40 back up sight and an Aimpoint in a GG&G cant mount and for anything longer than about 100 yards the TA31 in and ARMS-19 ACOG mount. That covers me for just about everything. Granted it wasn't cheap but it works well.

IPSC_GUY sends
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top