Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2003 8:46:10 AM EDT
I just purchased the new Eotech 551... and did'nr recieve a full set of instructions.

Whats the best way to mount this puppy?

Excuse my stupidity but what is the extra screw for?( does it replace the hex screw already installed if so desired?)

what works best

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Best way for "co-witness" w/ irons is directly to the flat-top of your A3 rifle.

Most of us, replace the allen headed screw, which is in it upon removal from the box, with the big screw, makin for easier removal in the field, a penny or nickle is much more like to be found in your pocket, than the 1/4" - 5/16" (not exactly sure of size) allen wrench...

Mike
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr Wilson,

Thanks for the info.

Is there anything I should be  aware of in switching out the allen head with the big screw?

In the directions it says "don't back screw out completly to avoid losing Weaver lock harware"  is this going to be a problem

Thanks
Mr. Paranoid
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Weaver lock hardware is the somewhat rectangular piece on the side opposite the hex head that the screw actually screws into.  Just don't lose it in the second and a half it takes to switch screws, or yes it will be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks...

You'd be surprised what I could loose in half a second.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Use the thumb screw hand tighten and then take a coin and give it a nice quarter turn to snag it secure.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys...it work great
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top