Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:45:14 PM EDT
Hello, I see now that there are some places getting the ACOG's back in stock. I've trimmed my choices down between the ta-11 and the ta-31. I know that the ta-11 has a little less magnification but besides that what are the differences that I will notice? Please list the positives and negitives of each when compared to each other. Also I was thinking of getting the red triangle, any thoughts on the rectiles would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
TA11 has longer eye relief, larger phyiscal size, and is more available.  There's a TA11D for sale at EE for $700, I'm thinking about it...but I already have one with the donut reticle [:|]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
To me the donut is more precise because you can see through it at long range which allows better target ID.  The TA11 also comes in a .308 reticle which allows you to use the 77 and 75 grain ammo and have it track well with the .308 reticle.  The TA11 has a larger exit pupil so you can be slightly more lax in your head positioning side to side as well as longer eye relief which combined with the slightly smaller fieled of view allows a better view of your unmagnified surroundings while in BAC mode.  The TA31 has 1/3 MOA click adjustments the TA11 has 1/4 MOA click adjustments.  The TA11 is 4 oz. more in weight.  I find the TA11 to give me less eye fatigue and be easier to use but I am sensitive to eye relief issues.  Both are excellent scopes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top