Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:03:52 PM EDT
If the front sight post is going to be distracting or annoying then I'll go with the removable FS/gasblock setup.  If it's not distracting, then I'll go with the fixed A2 post.  The rear sight isn't so much of an issue, but what do you prefer?
Which combo?

AND

OR......

AND
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting with both eyes open, as you are ment to do with an Aimpoint, no the front sight is not distracting at all.  I say go with a fixed A2 front site and keep it simple.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't think it's as distracting with an aimpoint as it was with the trijicon reflex. i had to mount the reflex above co-witness to be happy. the aimpoint with its clear glass does not seem to bother me as much.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
never bothered me.  i used a gg&g cant mount on a A3 upper.  i'm switching to a ARMS M68 throwlever because i plan on getting a SIR rail system.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The front sight doesn't bother or distract me.  It took me longer to get used to shooting with both eyes open while using the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO, go with the fixed front sight and the ARMS #40 flip-up rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I use an Aimpoint with fixed front and rear sights and don't even notice them when both eyes are open and I'm looking at the target.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Using the Aimpoint with both eyes open, I don't even notice the front sight post.  The fixed post has less chance of something going wrong with it than one of the other options.  IMHO, I'd go with the fixed front sight post.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's what the sight picture looks like for an Aimpoint Comp M mounted in an ARMS #22M68 mount on top of a ARMS #38swansleeve.

The back up rear is flipped up to show how the dot appears in line with the iron sight image.

[img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/14.5in/Viewthrough.jpg[/img]

With the backup iron sight folded down there is quite a bit of useable field of view in the optic to line the dot up on target with a bit more freedom.   Is the front sight bothersome with the backup iron sight down?   Not in my opinion.

I might get some pictures uploaded later today showing the sight picture with the rear sight folded down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
nope, it is fine witht he fixed front sight, once you use it enough, you will pretty much ignor the front post.  since you are focused on the target not the optic like you do at home.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top