Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 12:32:28 PM EDT
From this month's American Rifleman.

Is it just me or is this guy hankering for a black eye?

The whole point of using the TA11 on the M14 is the increased eye relief, now use it!

Or perhaps,

He's confused, thinks he has a TA31, and is trying to compensate :0

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If he lights off that .308 with his eye that close he'll get the worst eye pain he's ever seen.  The reticle is small enough that I think it'll just smack his eyeball and make it all red with a blood blister.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it's the camera angle.  His face is tilted and his sighting eye (the right one) is back far enough.  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
He's just looking around.  The safety is on anyway...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure he's fired the weapon before.  Odds are as stated above, he's sighting
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
It's the camera angle.  He has it Right Shoulder, so the eye we see is actually his left...note it's closed...so his right eye is unseen from this angle and is probably an inch or more away. His head is turned slightly to the right.

K
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top