Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 6:54:43 AM EDT
I went to a gun show yesterday and picked up a used Trijicon for $300.  It is in excellent shape with no flaws.

I is a short one and is a 4x32.  It has crosshairs and a bullet drop compensator.  It has the glow in the dark crosshair.   It is calibrated for .223.

I don't know a lot about Trijicons because I never owned one before.  Does anyone know what model it is based upon my description?  Could it be a TA50?  What mount do I need for it to fit on a flattop AR with front sights?  Where can I buy the mount online?

Did I get a good deal at $300 (it looks and seems to be perfect)?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I went to a gun show yesterday and picked up a used Trijicon for $300.  It is in excellent shape with no flaws.

I is a short one and is a 4x32.  It has crosshairs and a bullet drop compensator.  It has the glow in the dark crosshair.   It is calibrated for .223.

I don't know a lot about Trijicons because I never owned one before.  Does anyone know what model it is based upon my description?  Could it be a TA50?  What mount do I need for it to fit on a flattop AR with front sights?  Where can I buy the mount online?

Did I get a good deal at $300 (it looks and seems to be perfect)?

Thanks for your help.
View Quote

Sounds like a TA01.

Does it look like this? [img]www.trijicon.com/parts/TA01.jpg[/img]

If not, look at the different models here and try to match it to a picture.

[url]www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3[/url]

For a flatop mount, select the ARMS #19S throw lever mount. See the EE for more info on suppliers.

Nice grab, I'll bet you ripped your pocket off trying to get your wallet out when you saw that one!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No matter what model it is you got a great deal. If the crosshairs glow red its a TA01. If they glow amber its a TA10NSN. I just bought a TA01 a few weeks ago,I paid a lot more than you did, and mounted it to my flattop with a TO51 mount. It works great.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
If they dont glow its a Japanese copy of an ACOG and they cost $300.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a mount for sale for it look here[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=166188[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Sounds like a TA01.

Does it look like this? [url]www.trijicon.com/parts/TA01.jpg[/url]

For a flatop mount, select the ARMS #19S throw lever mount. See the EE for more info on suppliers.

Nice grab, I'll bet you ripped your pocket off trying to get your wallet out when you saw that one!!
View Quote

Thanks

It looks like the TA01.  It is not a Japanese copy because it has all the Trijicon markings on it.

Can't wait to mount it on my Colt M4 pre-ban.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sounds like a TA01.

Does it look like this? [url]www.trijicon.com/parts/TA01.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Thanks

It looks like the TA01.  It is not a Japanese copy because it has all the Trijicon markings on it.

Can't wait to mount it on my Colt M4 pre-ban.
View Quote

The Japaneese copies have all markings of all manufacturers.  Knight's Armament, Trijicon, etc all have the markings.  Thats is copyright fraud but we cant controll what other countries produce.  I have seen a copy of a TA01 first hand and its optics are not as good and it had no illumination but it LOOKED REAL from the outside markings and all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top