Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 3:38:02 PM EDT
Any suggestions?  I'm looking for a scope for around $200 for my Prarie Dog trip next month to Montana.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tasco makes a mil-dot 6-24x44 varmint scope. i bought one from natchez shooting supply. it's around $64.00, i like it a whole lot. it may not be the top of the line but i love mine and it does the job on my 20" bushmaster 1-9 twist.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Careful that you don't spend too little, you will get what you pay for... eventually.  Just because a cheaper scope is working now doesn't mean it will hold its zero after a few hundred shots.  If it does, good for you.

I know a lot of people here don't like Tasco becase they've had bad experiences with their quality.  I've never used one but supposedly they aren't very consistant.

In my opinion there isn't a good scope for less than $300 for varmint hunting.  And even that might not do it.

If you have a good rifle and put a crappy scope on it you will have a crappy rifle.

-Nick
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
try the bushnell 3200 series, I have had good luck withe the quality but if you can swing it the Springfield armory 4*14*40 tactical with the ranging system ($350.00)will add to the scorecard considerably in the kills vs. misses department.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
People rave about the Tasco Super Sniper.

$299 will get you there.

[url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/supersniper/index.html[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top