Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 1:37:19 PM EDT
My choices for a reasonably priced varmint scope for a bull barreled AR.
Sightron S2 Tactical 3-12X42mm Mil-dot
Leupold VX-2 3-9X40mm Duplex recticle
Burris Fullfield 2 3.5-10X50mm Ballistic Plex
Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X40mm Mil-dot
Does anyone have any experience with any of these scopes? My shooting will be mainly prairie dogs and coyotes. Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any direct experiance with any of these, but:   What I might sugest you add to the list is to shop for a used leupy varix 3  4.5 - 14 x 40 AO.  You might even stumble acoss a used tactical in the same price range with target turrets.  If not you can buy the add on ones for about 50 for a set of two.

This will be the older scope with the 1 inch tube but should be ok for what your planning to use it for.

I love to varmit shoot and have found the magnification range to be just about ideal for me.

Watch SWFA sample page and the Cabelas bargin bin as a basic reference for prices.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Leupold VXII 6-18x40 on my Varminter. Excellent optic.

I remember an older thread where (IIRC), some folks thought the Weaver and B&L 4200 series were good glass for the money.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look here [url]www.valdada.com[/url]...German glass, Romanian prices.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The Sightron's a good scope, but I would go with their 4-16x model over the 3-12x model.  The 3-12x model doesn't have a parallax adjustment and at anything over 10x you'll notice that things will be out of focus.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top