Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 4:13:07 PM EDT
I'm interested in the versatility that a flat-top upper offers. However, I don't really want to use an ARMS #40 because I might be interested in highpower competition shooting, and I'd rather have the regular A2 sight.

I'm thinking there would be better prices on one than the $100 Bushmaster charges. I've seen a bunch on Gunbroker for ~$60, but I may end up paying $60 for a piece of crap. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer who sells A3 handles for a good price?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep checking the EE here. A lot of guys are the opposite (myself included); they want a flattop, but DO want to use a folding rear sight, so the first thing to go is the carry handle, often at a good price.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Zardoz -- check the EE.

Otherwise, CDNN Investments sells new Bushmaster carryhandles for around $70.  I purchased one for my Superlight upper.  Markings match up with BM CH's, so I believe it is what they advertise.

Corey
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I like these ideas, thanks for the responses guys.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Go Gators- Are you in Gainesville by chance?  If so, I'm graduating from the Air Force Academy here in a week and a half and will be returning to Gainesville.  I just got a new A3 and ARMS #40 and am looking to get rid of the A3 handle.  We could meet in person to save shipping and so you know you're not getting ripped off.  

Keith
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Just remember that a flat top upper is NOT legal in Leg matches or to shoot in NRA service rifle matches.  you can shoot in the match rifle category.  RRA states on their site that the A3 is 'pending' but that issue is null now.  If you want to get distinguished stay with the A2 upper..besides the A3 doesn't afford as much elevation as an A2.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I figured that would be the case, Renn, thanks for the info. Since this handle will be going on a 16" chrome-lined bbl using factory loads, I'm not planning on winning anything, I just want to go to matches to pick up shooting knowledge from the people with experience. After I can outshoot the chrome upper, I'll get a nice non-chrome 20" with A2's.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top