Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 4:13:40 AM EDT
I bought a 3-10X40mm Weaver Grand Slam to put atop a 20" Bushy flat top. I mounted the scope in an Armalite one piece mount. I'm here to tell ya that for the $$ I am VERY pleased with this scope and mount.

The optics in this scope are extremely bright and clear. The reticle is rather thick for long range precision shooting I think, but out to 300 yds (the max range I shot) it's more than adequate. At 100 yds I was able to zero on bullseye then walk it around to the four corners of a square and return to bullseye. It appears to track perfectly. Windage and elevation dials can be adjusted without a coin and have positive feel and click audible settings. Eye relief was fine. Magnification adjustment was very easy with the large ribbed dial. The focus adjustment is a dream as compared to other scopes I have used. It has a binocular type focus, just turn the focus ring, no locking ring to fuss with. I removed the whole unit (mount and scope) and then replaced it. No loss of zero. The Armalite mount is a very well made unit.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced scope I would highly recommend looking thru one of these babies. There are models with higher magnification and adjustable objectives. Not sure about target turrets though. I got mine from Bear Basin for $239.00

Shabo

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top