BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 8:29:51 PM EDT
quote]Quoted:

Quoted:
 Mine (552) fell of on me at the range as well.
So yes, be sure it is tight before firing, mission, duty,etc.

Tighten your thumb screw to hand tight, and take a quarter and give the screw a nice quarter turn. it will secure the sight on your flat top for good.  

What thumb screw?  All I have is the one hex-head nut.  The manual says there is a "retainer"
screw.  I can't find any screw that doesn't adjust POA or involve assembly/disassembly.  Just the hex-head nut.

TS
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
What thumb screw? All I have is the one hex-head nut. The manual says there is a "retainer" screw. I can't find any screw that doesn't adjust POA or involve assembly/disassembly. Just the hex-head nut.
View Quote

In my EOTech box was a hex-wrench and hex-head was installed, but in plastic holder, (inside box, thing EO was setting in) there was the screw which SMGLee was refering too. Simply removed hex-head and replaced w/ thumb-screw.

Ya didn't get one??

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
And also, loctite helps
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
It has happened, the thumb screw is toss out along with the empty box.  you can contact EOTech to get another thumb screw.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Thanks guys, [red]I found it[/red]!!![/b]  Is the idea behind the thumbscrew to make it easier to remove if damaged during a firefight and allow (better) use of irons?  Thanks again!

[beer]

TS
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It may help with rapid discard but it's really just to allow you to mount/remove with a nickel (instead of a wrench).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top