Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 1:34:04 PM EDT
I have an older Aimpoint M on my AR.  It has the adjustable dot.  On low settings it is 7 MOA and on bright settings it is 10 MOA.  I am non LE and have it for SHTF situations and casual shooting (I would like to try a 3 gun match). The M2/ML2's have a small 4 MOA dot.  What are board members thoughts on whether the cost justify upgrading to the newer model.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 3 MOA M and wonder the same thing...

On a range gun, the battery life is not an issue, and you can buy a lot of batteries with the money you save by not getting an M2.

If you have no trouble with small targets with the 10 moa dot, and you are otherwise happy with it, I see no reason to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The military Comp M XD has a 3MOA dot.  A 7-10 MOA dot is a tough sell past 100 yds.  I got a Comp M XD and then a Comp M2 when I could.  The CET is truly worth it IMHO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top