Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2003 12:57:41 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I've just gotten into the tactical rifle scene. I bought a Bushmaster A2 carbine. I spent more on the rifle than I originally intended to when I decided to buy an AR-15 (first started looking at the Olympic Arms Plinker, then moved up the quality scale).
I want to put a decent red dot optic on, but I can't afford a $350 Trijicon system. Any suggestions for something less expensive that will hold up to the recoil?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got a BSA 30mm at the gun show for 40 bucks. I am trying to find some posts now with info on weather or not they are junk. But hell if it only lasts 500 rounds, I didnt pay much for it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The OKO is an excellent reflex sight; I like mine better than I did my Aimpoint COMP-M XD. But by the time you invest in the sight, the roll cage and a gooseneck mount, you're talking darn near the same money! :-o

The other problem is that one of the OKO's W/E adjustment screws is located on the back of the sight body - mounting it in a gooseneck mount doesn't allow enough clearance behind the sight to adjust the screw (A2 handle is in the way) without fabricating a dedicated tool (like a bent screwdriver shank).

I've known plenty of folks to have good luck with an ARMS-style carry handle mount and a BSA or Simmons 30/42mm "beer can" red dot - at least until they decide whether or not they want something better or more advanced. For many, an inexpensive setup is all they need for casual applications; not everybody is using their AR to defend themselves or save the world. Those that ARE, certainly should have the best gear they possibly can!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top