Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 3:11:50 PM EDT
I need your help.  I bought an Aimpoint CompML2 scope to put on a post-ban EA 16" flat-top.  Even though I brought the rifle to the store where I bought the scope, the guy gave me a mount without a spacer.  So when I went to put the scope on at home, there was a perfect view of the front site blocking most of the view in the scope.  I had him order another mount with a spacer.  I didn't yet know the whole business about co-witnessing as I was going to use the optics only (I didn't know there was an option to use the iron sights).  I have now read the posts regarding co-witnessing (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=159966 and http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=159966).  Awesome explanations!

Now my question:  What do I need to buy as far as a rear sight?  Where is the best place to buy it (websites)?  Is there more than one option?  I haven't a clue about any of this.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go for the ARMS #40 rear fold down rear sight. WWW.ARMSMOUNTS.COM web sight.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The ARMS #40 is probably the most popular back up iron sight.  It springs upwards when released, and the spring tension will keep it there if you bump it on something.  Other options include the GG&G MAD or A2 BUIS, Knight's Armament 300 or 600 meter versions, or a cut down detachable handle.

Keep reading here, this comes up about twice a week [;)]

As far as sources, look in the Equipment Exchange, again under "sights and optics" for sights offered by individuals or dealers who support the site.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I ordered an ARMS #40 from Eagle Firearms today on the EE.  I ask enough questions here that I want to help support the sponsors.  The price was right as well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top