Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 2:58:45 PM EDT
I got an EOTech sight for my AR a few months ago and noticed when I got it, it said "For Law Enforcement/Military Use". I didn't think much of it until this weekend when I let someone shoot my AR and he asked how I got the EOTech when it was marked for LEO and Military. I know it's a stupid, but why is it marked that way? Does anyone else have these markings?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know it's a stupid, but why is it marked that way? Does anyone else have these markings?
View Quote

So they can charge more?  So you can impress your friends?  Just because they can?

I think all recent ones are marked that way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as i know, only the 550 series has that marking, as they are the units rated for military use. Beyond that simple reason, i don't know why they'd mark it like they did.

There's no restrictions on purchase or ownership.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The marking are there to state the units EOTech sells are suppose to be sold to military and LEO only.  Bushnell is the official civilian retailer with the Holosight.  What EOTech dealer do with their Model 510 and 550 is beyond the control of EOTech.

500 series which is the civilain model, it is slao sold under the Bushnell banner is the basic model. it only come with the hex screw, and it has a build in auto shut down of 8 hours.

510 series is the tactical model which has a protective hood, thumb screw, a bit different electronics and it has a programable auto shut off of 4 or 8 hours depends on the switch you hit when you trn it on.

550 series is the military model, it is the 510 series plus it has the new upgraded rubberized buttons, NV compatible, and it is dive capabile to 33 ft for 24 hours and 66 ft for a undisclosed period.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have bought several 551s for LE use from LE distributors, and none of them have said this. I haven't bought any since last fall, though and this may be amark of the new ones with the rubber switches. Probably just a marketing thing, because anyone can still buy them, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Natez, you are correct, this marking only started with the Rev E upgrade.  EOTech has an agreement with Bushnell to sell the sight to LE and military only and Bushnell is to sell to the civilian market.  The marking is to denote the model the dealer are selling are suppose to be LE/military only.  What the dealer do with the unit is what up to the delaer.  EOTech can't put an choke chain to them to obey by the agreement EOTech factory has with Bushnell.  much like the Remington PSS, officially the PSS is a LE/military weapon, but what Remington dealer do with it is up to the delaers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
EoTech in reaction to dealers selling them was to have it say "Law Enforcment/Military Use" and for a short while they said "Law Enforcement/Military Use Only" on NV compatible units. EoTech removed the Only since technicaly the sight is not a restricted sale unit
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top