Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 5:32:25 PM EDT
I've seen PICS of these setup's here and there. It looks like a best of both worlds setup.  
Since the TA01 has no BAC values, does the optima make up for it?  How rugged is this setup?  Does the optima bolt on with ready made parts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pdf0db932b2ec3553d5a2063da3f67714/fc28fc08.jpg[/img]
The red dot sight from Docter Optics is more rugged, being made of aluminum and glass versus the Optima's all plastic construction.
Winston Wolf is making mounts for both, just don't get it from specwargears.com.
A mini red dot sight makes up for some of TA01 series deficiencies, but adds height and need for yet another battery, though they do run for a long time.  Overall, an ACOG with BAC like TA11 or TA31 is still better, needing no battery and has no "hump", the Optima/Docter and TA01 setup is like the G36, except the ACOG is much better than the crappy scope on the HK.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Specwar mount works great.  I some ways I think a battery is better than a tritum lamp.  I can replace a battery.  I think the head up red dot is faster in close on multiple targets than the BAC.  I do think the TA31 is more rugged but make no mistake the Docter is very solid.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang it!  It allways comes back to that donut, everytime![:D] I just hate that the one I want(TA11) is the [i]MOST[/i] expensive one they make.

I think someone once said that if trijicon came out with a hollow triangle that they'd sell their ta32/ta11 to get it.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I NEED THE DR MOUNT WORSE THAN DRUGS.

ok so I really don't need or use drugs BUT I NEED THE DR MOUNT!!!!!!!!!

Please help me get well : ) HAHAHA
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...just don't get it from specwargears.com.
View Quote

Why so?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Just email them and you'll find out.  Maybe I'm just used to good service and don't tolerate indifferent vendors.  I emailed them twice, both times was told to email back.  That may not sound much, here's what I've gathered:
1. They don't care if you buy from them or not, otherwise they'd contact YOU when the mounts are available again.
2. They probably think they're the only game in town, such service is the manifestation of their arrogance and assumption that nobody else makes it.
3. Other than paying taxes, when was the last time you had to put forth much effort to pay someone and give them your business?

To think companies with bad services are usually good at the sales level and their customer service isn't as good after the sale, now we got a vendor that sucks at sales, just imagine if you ever have to call them for questions, returns and repairs.
If they don't give a crap whether you buy from them or not, why then would they care to make sure you're happy with the product?  I for one will not reward inept vendors.  Companies like MSTN, Bushmaster and many others treat their customers like they're the only customers they have, and I will continue to give them my hard earned money.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p8df64272905f2066362ec072ff52046c/fc384d15.jpg[/img]

not an nsn.
different flavor...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top