Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2003 2:03:18 PM EDT
My reflexII with the 12moa amber triangle is too unpredictable, but I like how it works in optimal conditions.

1)Does the compact ACOG (crosshair or triangle) adequately fill in where my reflexII fails?

2)Is the ACOG ultimately the "all hell breaks loose/SHTF" optic.......so much so that you can rely on it w/o fear of dropping it or needing batteries------>which are unavailable cause George Peppard needed them to power his Landmaster!?

(For those who dont remember the Landmaster)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I hear, if a truck runs over a rifle with an ACOG mounted, the ACOG would come out unscathed but the rifle would be folded over.  It will survive accidents and abuses where the rifle on which it's mounted won't.  Hope that answers your question [:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Duffy, but still need an answer for question #1.

BTT
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes & Yes.

I really like my Trijicon Reflex II.

I really LOVE my Trijicon compact ACOG.

I don't have the problems some report with the Reflex, but I do understand them.

The compact ACOG is much better than the Reflex.  It's easier to see, the magnification helps with longer shots, it's tough as nails, the illumination is better.

What other questions do ya got?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What other questions do ya got?
View Quote

Thanks!  I'll have more questions later.  Cant decide between compact ACOG and the TA11/31.  It seems the TA31 has been labeled the best all purpose scope, but I like the TA11 better because of the longer eye relief and greater exit pupil.  Seems the TA11 would meet the middle ground for long and short range work.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the TA11, you'll be very happy with either but TA11 gets my nod for the reasons you stated: longer eye relief, larger objective lens.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Boom_Stick, you are dating yourself with that pic from "Damnation Alley". & I'm dating myself by even recognizing the photo and remembering the name of that cheesy, but cool SHTF flick!!!

BTW, Jan Michael Vincent loved his compact ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Boom_Stick, you are dating yourself with that pic from "Damnation Alley". & I'm dating myself by even recognizing the photo and remembering the name of that cheesy, but cool SHTF flick!!!

BTW, Jan Michael Vincent loved his compact ACOG.
View Quote

LOL!  I actually didn't see the movie until the early 80's when I was [i]aproaching[/i] my teen years. I remember Red Dawn was released shortly Afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Same here Boom_Stick. I seem to remember it [b]always[/b] being on NBC as their movie of the week.

Boy... did I want a Landmaster as a kid (who am I kidding... I [i]still[/i] want one.)

If you want to bring back some fond memories, you might want to check out [url=www.snowcrest.net/fox/landmaster/]Landmaster Home Page[/url] & [url=www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/damnation_alley.html]Damnation Alley Review with Pics[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the size and lightweight of the compact ACOG's.  They fit the gun well, and work great from 25 to 500 meters on small mansized targets.

I've got some trigger time with the full sized, but not enough to do a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the ACOG ultimately the "all hell breaks loose/SHTF" optic.....
View Quote
Well, it's been dubbed the "Best General Purpose Optic" here.
See: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=139306[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top