Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 7:47:59 PM EDT
Just recently purchased the Aimpoint Comp ML2 setup with the ARMS 39 & 22m68.(sorry about the low res digital cam pic)I found the following from another thread...

I just Battle Zero my Iron Sights.
Then, I adjust the Dot of the Aimpoint so that when looking through the rear iron peep-sight, the dot sits on top of the front sight post.
(depending on your mount)

So this is basically all I do to start using it? Put the red dot over top of the front sight while looking through the rear sight? Any images out there on how the dot looks in relation to the front sight? Am I making this way too difficult?  Thanks...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just sight it in. No matter how you hold your head, or if it is centered or not, the dots relation to the target doesnt change. You sight in the dot like a normal scope. With the ARMS #39 the center of the tube will look right over the iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You may do that, but always check zero at the next trip to the range.

Download the FM 3-22.9 Manual and check on procedure if you have questions.
 http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=158228&w=searchPop

Lots of interesting tidbits in there also.

The other site you may visit is Maryland AR15 site.  Here is the link for zeroing the M68.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/aimointm68zeroingmethod.msnw

I and many others have our rifles zeroed in with the Improved Battlesight Zero by LTC Santose.  Those instructions are also on the Maryland AR15 site.

Good luck.

John

edited for links
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You may do that, but always check zero at the next trip to the range.
View Quote

When looking through the rear sight, no matter if I make small or large adjustments I still can't get a visual on the dot. What am I doing wrong? Thanks...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top