Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 1:18:45 PM EDT
Does your "Super Sniper" scope have nice crisp windage and elevation clicks???

I just got a brand new scope, and the clicks seem mushy. Compare dot BOTH my BSA and my Leupold.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
This isn't a big deal- the ajustments are 1/4MOA and true and there is 120MOA of vertical travel which more than makes up for it.

BUT

[b] the day I sold my rifle I decided to make BDC easier for the next guy and reset the knobs to zero.

The knobs came off with a LOUD POP like they were vac/packed and when I put them back on the clicks were no longer mushy and became quite distinct and metallic sounding[/b]

The o-rings may help the scope get it's SEAL requirement waterproof to 30ft.

I wouldn't bother and please try to never compare a Leupold or TASCO SS to a BSA again : )  there is no comparison BSA is crap.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Green0 -

I must have the exception BSA that proves the rule.

My BSA has just as clear glass as my Leupold, and nice solid clicks, with repeatable zero.

I'm VERY pleased. It WAS their "high end" model $179.99

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can replace the O rings with a slightly thinner ring to make the adjustments crisper.
At first I tried some silicon grease on the O rings which helped some but the thinner rings made a big differance. Since I dont plan on taking my scope swimming the possible point for water entry doesn't bother me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top