Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 11:19:16 AM EDT
As you all know I had a hard time with a AMIPOINT/QRP/Aimpoint GooseNeck!!!
That I was useing on my Bushy A1/C7 SHORTY!

I COULD ONLY SEE THE TIP OF THE POST ON FRONT SIGHT!!!! I could still use it but after all the cash I wanted it to be perfect!!!!

Aimpoint goose neck set to High up!!POS!!!

I bought a Beenie Cooley Goose Neck!POS!!!
It would not line up with the carry handle hole!

TRADED in for a ARMS 39 GooseNeck and Now EVERYTHING IS PERFECT NOW!!!!!!!THANK GOD!!!

I thought after all my research that I new what to buy!

I was thinking Aimpoints Gooseneck would work just Fine since they had a Military Contract!

So if you need a Goose neck for your ML2/M2 etc

DONT BUY AIMPOINTS GOOSE NECK!!

DONT BUY BEENIE COOLEY GOOSE NECK!

BUY ONLY THE ARMS #39 GOOSE NEC

Now I also hear That Aimpoints QRP  are junk as well But Mine Works just fine!

Im so Glad to get this out of my Hair!!!
Now to the range!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee!

If you would have asked here I could have told you that!

Just ask!

We'll help!

Honest!

Bye!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet you'd have had people lining up to tell you that.  It's all about the ARMS!  Glad you got the right setup. [beer]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm confused!

Why would you want to see more then the tip of the front sight?  That's all you need to see to use the iron sights in their backup role.

The front sight should not be centered in the M68 optic, merely visible.

You were good to go!

The ARMS #39A2Plus is more flexible (and I have one myself) but it's not necessary.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an Aimpoint ML2 mounted on an A2 using the Aimpoint kit: forward carry handle mount, railgrabber, and extra-wide ring (with no spacer) and it co-witnessed perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
 All you had to do is ask. [booze]

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RAAAAJQTkoxPpMXj7jWBwCaO279RLpqUFuiT5EZjEAUfWbarcYwejvWUJ*zN8QlsNm42hYEAc1ooNd0xTBQALHUkg1OuuY3OwqqlTeHPMUA/Range-018.jpg?dc=4675418926521696297[/img]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This [39A2] will work on a 20" A2 standard setup as well? You say the standard aimpoint gooseneck mount will not co witness at all or sat too high for your likings?

Chris
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi Chuck!

When I used my Ashley Large Aperture I could just barely see the Tip of the Front Post! With the small aperture you couldnt see anything?

I didnt feel like the Irons would be good for back up? Barely just the tip with large aperture.

You are right Chuck I could of got by with the set up! But I just had to see a bit more of the Post!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As you all know I had a hard time with a AMIPOINT/QRP/Aimpoint GooseNeck!!!
That I was useing on my Bushy A1/C7 SHORTY!

I COULD ONLY SEE THE TIP OF THE POST ON FRONT SIGHT!!!! I could still use it but after all the cash I wanted it to be perfect!!!!

Aimpoint goose neck set to High up!!POS!!!
View Quote

Just curious!!!

Did you have the spacer installed!!!!

[;)]  !!!!

Chris!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
That was the very First thing I check!
As Chuck stated  could of got buy with it!
I DID NOT LIKE ONLY SEEING TIP OF FRONT SIGHT POST WITH ONLY THE ASHLEY LARGE GHOST RING APERTURE! IF I USED MY STOCK A1 APERTURE THAT CAME WITH MY BUSHY I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEE ANYTHing
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#10]
FMJ take your medication and calm down.  BTW that thing with the line on top is not a period.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
What??? Personal Attack!!! FN JERK!!
Ya my spelling is bad! I type with 1 finger!
Im not a KEY BOARD NEVER BEEN THERE TYPE OF GUY!! While at your typeing class I WAS SHOOTING!

THE REASON FOR MY CAPITALS WAS BECAUSE I DIDNT THINK THEY NEW WHAT I MEANT BUY JUST SEEING THE TIP OF THE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#12]
SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW!!!!!

Umm, its just a chunk of aluminum, no need to get all worked up about it.

Seriously, I never had any problems with mine, had a gooseneck/railgrabber combo without spacer and the irons lined up in the lower third of the optic.  Basically could just see the post, but not the site base below it.  Worked for me but it sounds like it wasn't your cup of tea.  However, just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean that the mount was an inferior piece of crap.  

Maybe you should do your research on prescription tranquilizers, I have a feeling that would solve most of your problems.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#13]
You should mount that thing straight to your FIRSH, just buy the spacer and clamp it all down tight.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As you all know I had a hard time with a AMIPOINT/QRP/Aimpoint GooseNeck!!!!
View Quote

Yes!  I lost much sleep over the matter. [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a Dremel and make your own RAS pannel cuts so the pannels line up with the rear of the rails.

Otherwise thatis a sweet setup almost looks like a carry handle SIR (which I don't know the # of since I try not to keep trak any more way too many numbers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top