Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 12:56:57 AM EDT

Are there any goose-neck mounts that will fit properly on a Bushmaster removable carry handle ?   A friend of mine ordered an Aimpoint g/n mount, and it did not fit the contour of the carry handle.  The carry handle was too squared-off on the front end, as opposed to being more rounded on a fixed carry handle.  He also tried a g/n mount made by Calvary Arms, abd it would not fit either.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Are there any goose-neck mounts that will fit properly on a Bushmaster removable carry handle ?   A friend of mine ordered an Aimpoint g/n mount, and it did not fit the contour of the carry handle.  The carry handle was too squared-off on the front end, as opposed to being more rounded on a fixed carry handle.  He also tried a g/n mount made by Calvary Arms, abd it would not fit either.

Thanks

View Quote

Did you try an arms 39A2 mount?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Aside from the question of exactly why one would wish to use something like the ARMS #39 on a flat top receiver...which, I admit, is a personal choice...I do not think any of the better quality mounts for the A2's will fit many of the removable carry handles precisely because of this difference in design. Some surgery with a Dremel might cure the problem, but it could get expensive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Nut,

We need to convince him to go w/ the flat-top and flip-up rear sight. Still can't figure out why he wants to use a gooseneck on a removable handle. You know how he is. :)

Cap

By the way, good to finally catch you on here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Small World.....huh ?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top