Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:42:11 PM EDT
I recently aquired a Bushmaster AR with a SIR M. On the SIR M is an AIMPOINT COMP M. My back up iron sight system (BUIS) consist of an A.R.M.S #40 rear sight and a GG&G flip up front sight.

What type of optics/sights are used in conjuction with the AIMPOINT sights?

What would be a good compliment to the Aimpoint?

Is the Aimpoint Comp M worth holding onto or should I replace it with a more current model?

I haven't used the BUIS yet. I have seen favorable posts about the ARMS #40 but little on front sights. Is the front sight good?

I have been out of the AR-15 realm for almost 3 years and just not sure how to proceed with this. I am baffled at the selection of accessories available.

I would like to shoot in 3 gun matches in the future so I would like to equip the weapon with that in mind.

Any of your opinions would be welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,

Brent
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint. Keep it.

I hear good things about the GGG front sight, especially the new model with a locking feature.

For three gun I reccomend a muzzle break and a good tactical vest. Your reloads will need to be fast, and the Comp M will put you in open class anyway, so you might as well get the break.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Capt Jack,

The Aimpoint Comp M is no longer in production according to Aimpoints website. I had to find it under "Discontinued" on their site so I could print the owners manual.

I have a Y Comp muzzle brake currently on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, my memory was that it is current. If its the model with the 10,000 hour battery life, keep it.

Oh yeah, you should get a forward grip too, to pull it to your shoulder and make your splits faster.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The M2 is the most current Aimpoint, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

i dunno the battery life on the Comp M, but if it's decent, you might as well keep it. Doubt you'd get enough for it to make selling worthwhile.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a recent post on here asking some Comp M questions.  You might want to read some of the responses.  
Here's the link [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=158650[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint.
View Quote

The Comp M and ML are the previous models of Aimpoints.

The current, latest models have the "2" suffix, as in M[u]2[/u] and ML[u]2[/u].

Chris
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Comp M is the most up to date model of Aimpoint.
View Quote

The Comp M and ML are the previous models of Aimpoints.

The current, latest models have the "2" suffix, as in M[u]2[/u] and ML[u]2[/u].

Oops, thanks guys. My brain took a dump on me there. I'm going to order some stuff tonight, and that would be an embarrassing mistake.

Chris
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top