Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:12:27 PM EDT
I have read the recent threads about the Elcan, and have also read two reviews available online.  It seems agreed that the mount is the inherent weakness of the sight.  However, for a target/hunting/varmint rifle, is the mount's design flaw that big an issue?  Also, has anyone had any experience with the Hi-mag version?  I'm starting to get swayed by the reports of higher-quality glass, higher nominal magnification on the Hi-mag, and sooner availability over the ACOG.  After doing a realistic assessment of what I will be doing with the rifle, it may be the better choice.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The elcan is a decent scope and varminting will never kill it.

But that said the Elcan has no provision for a range finder and requires ajustment for every shot.

The ACOG is faster, lighter, better looking, has a rangefinder, has a fine reticle, and is cheaper to buy (used ACOG VS. New Elcan as you will have a hard time finding one used anymore) and has a better re-sell vlaue.

The ACOG won't dissapoint the Elcan might.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top